Making the Decision
Are you beginning to feel overwhelmed in caring for your loved one? Have you had suggestions from your physician, family or friends that it may be time to place your loved one? Seeking care for your loved one is a big decision with many considerations. Below are three important factors to help you identify and select the best care possible.
- Does dressing, bathing or eating now require help?
- Are normal, routine tasks becoming more difficult?
- Have you or are you considering hiring someone to help?
- Are angry outbursts becoming more frequent and for no reason?
- Is conversation with him/her becoming confusing?
- Do they experience late afternoon mood swings?
- Are they wandering around at night?
- Are they withdrawing or becoming less social?
- Are you worried about leaving him/her alone?
- Have they left the stove on recently?
- Is that open stairwell beginning to feel like a hazard?
- Have they had trouble finding their way home after going out?
Highview’s Assisted Living is designed for residents who require some assistance in daily care and activities while enjoying the privacy and comfort of their own living space.
Highview’s Alzheimer’s Care follows the Montessori philosophy, a care-based approach designed to evoke residents’ memories and stimulate their senses through practical life activities.
- An environment that commends individuality and values the privacy of its residents
- Unique social activities to promote healthy lifestyles and encourage social interaction
- A loving staff that treats residents like family
- A comfortable and welcoming setting where residents can feel at home
Competency of Care
- A philosophy of care that weds wellness of mind, body and spirit
- On site 24/7 nursing staff equipped to handle a spectrum of medical conditions
- Certified nurse aides with specialized and on-going training to deliver individualized care
- The option for residents to keep their own primary physician if desired
Location & Setting
- Choosing care over convenience; your loved one’s quality of care always comes first, your proximity for visiting them should never supercede this
- A quiet, peaceful and natural setting tucked away from busy thoroughfares
- An authentic and safe environment designed for seniors and void of unnecessary flourishes such as staircases and hardwood floors
- A state designated, fully-licensed facility equipped with all necessary emergency and safety features